Welcome to our HLTAID002 – Provide basic emergency life support is one of many nationally recognised first aid courses, but it is usually specific to the workplace where participants require workplace first aid skills. . The course delivers the skills and knowledge required to provide first aid response, life support, management of casualty(s), the incident and other first aiders, until the arrival of medical or other assistance. This course is included when completing the HLTAID003 – Provide first aid course.
The recommended industry standard to maintain current competency is for this course to be refreshed every 3 years; however the CPR component to be refreshed annually.
A list of topics and skills covered in AWCC’s course is as below:
- Chain of survival
- Assessing the situation
- Basic life support – DRSABCD
- Infection control
- Performing CPR
- Appropriate use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Care of the unconscious person
- Allergic reaction
- Bleeding control
- Choking and airway obstruction
- Respiratory distress, including Asthma
There are no prerequisites for this basic life support course.
All AWCC Training courses are conducted by experienced specialists in their given field.
- 4 hours of face to face training
- Up to 12 trainees per course
- Students are provided with individualised assistance from being in a small class
- Knowledge on relevant legislation and Australian Standards
- Plenty of time for hands on training