Welcome to our HLTAID003 – Provide First Aid (including CPR) is one of many nationally recognised first aid courses, but the most popular. It has been previously referred to as Apply First Aid, Senior First Aid and/or Level 2 Workplace First Aid. It is the minimum requirement for work
place first aid compliance.Completing this course will provide you with the skills and knowledge required to provide first aid response, life support, management of casualty(s), the incident and other First Aiders; until emergency qualified help arrives at the scene of the accident.
A list of topics and skills covered in AWCC’s course is as below:
- The basic ethics and theory involved in first aid practice.
- The measures need to be taken to effectively deal with issues concerning major or minor injury and illness.
- The most important management steps needs to be undertaken when dealing with potentially critical health conditions.
- Basic Health and safety knowledge is required when dealing with the condition of first aid situations.
- The principles, procedures and standard precautions need to be undertaken to control infection and its spread.
- You will master the knowledge of ‘Chain of Survival’.
- You will learn the skills a First Aider possesses and what limitations you should be aware of.
- How and when an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) should be used.
All AWCC Training courses are conducted by experienced specialists in their given field.
- Lunch is provided
- 8 hours of face to face training
- Up to 12 trainees per course
- Students are provided with individualised assistance from being in a small class
- Knowledge on relevant legislation and Australian Standards
- Recommendations and advice for specialised PPE and equipment for your workplace
- Plenty of time for hands on training