The MSMWHS212 – First response to fire incidents course is designed to deliver and assess the skills and knowledge to use a range portable fire fighting equipment,including portable fire extinguishers, fire hose reels and fire blankets. This course discusses the application of these skills in the context of responding to an actual or simulated fire incident and assesses their attitude when faced with a simulated fire scenario.
This course is for participants who require skills and knowledge to respond to low level fire incidents in the workplace – including Oil & Gas onshore and offshore facilities, which is deliver through the following content:.
- The characteristics of fire
- The types of Fuel
- Fire extinguishers – which ones to use
- Hose Reels
- First Response Procedures
- Hose reel demonstration
- Fire blanket demonstration
- Fire extinguishers demonstration
Course is delivered face to face in an AWCC location and/or onsite.
All AWCC Training courses are conducted by experienced specialists in their given field.
- 8 hours of face to face training
- Up to 12 trainees per course
- Students are provided with individualised assistance from being in a small class
- Knowledge on relevant legislation and Australian Standards
- Recommendations and advice for specialised PPE and equipment for your workplace
- Plenty of time for hands on training