AWCC delivers this nationally recognised course, which covers both theoretical and practical aspects of working safely at heights.
During this course, AWCC will provide assistance for you to develop safe work method statements; together with risk assessments for working at height. For people who perform or manage workloads whilst at height, they will find this AWCC course beneficial to workplace safety. By successfully completing this course you will be complying with current WHS legislation.
AWCC Work safely at heights course can be conducted at your work site or off-site at one of our purpose built training facilities in Toowoomba and Brisbane; with Gold Coast (coming soon). Work at heights training is focuses on fall prevention rather than fall arrest. The working from heights course is designed to provide workers with the knowledge and skills to safely work in any height situation. The course is primarily aimed at drilling, mining, maintenance, and general construction, in addition other workplaces where work is conducted in a level where you can fall to another.
Australian Well Control Centre (AWCC) recognises there is a standard set of learning outcomes for this course, however the environment in which the learning is applied can vary greatly. AWCC will customise your course to suit the nature of your workplace.
This course covers the following aspects:
- Australian Standards
- Regulations and legislation
- Equipment selection and use
- Risk assessment and hazard elimination
- Anchor systems, selecting solid and reliable anchorage
- Fall restraint systems, selection of equipment and correct use
- Fall arrest systems
- Work positioning systems, selection of equipment and correct use
- Correct use of ladders and ladder safety training
- Using energy absorbing lanyards
All AWCC Training courses are conducted by experienced specialists in their given field
- One day of training
- Up to 12 trainees per course
- Students are provided with individualised assistance from being in a small class
- Knowledge on relevant legislation and Australian Standards for working at height
- Recommendations and advice for specialised PPE and equipment for your workplace
- Plenty of time for hands on training