Current Roles – Dated 15 July 2018
The Australian Well Control Centre (AWCC) is a leading Training and Labour Supply company for the Australian Oil and Gas Industry and currently have multiple opportunities for Entry Level Drilling Rig workers to support ongoing onshore Oil & Gas drilling projects in QLD.
Positions are Day Leasehand and Summer Leasehand roles and involve general laboring on a Rig site to support existing crews during Rig operations and Rig moves. Previous experience in the Drilling or Well Servicing industry is a benefit but not essential.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR EMPLOYMENT APPLICANTS MUST SATISFY THE FOLLOWING KEY SELECTION CRITERIA:
- Be physically fit and able to complete 2 week on / 2 week off roster
- Have an interest in working outdoors in a fast paced and procedure driven environment
- Be able to pass a basic fitness test
- Be available to participate in an AWCC “Rig Ready” training program to cover Common Industry Competencies
- Be available to undertake a Pre-Employment Medical
- Practice a drug free lifestyle and thrive in an alcohol-free environment while at work
- Be available to crew change from Toowoomba and/or Brisbane as required
- Have a mature attitude to teamwork, safe operations and injury prevention
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED WITH YOUR APPLICATION:
- Must Provide a “National Police Check” with No Disclosable Court Outcomes
- Must provide copy of a current Australian Driver’s Licence. (No P’s or L’s or International Licences)
- Must provide copies of an Australian Passport or Birth Certificate or appropriate Work Visa
- Must provide details of 2 x professional references
- Must provide a Resume in AWCC format
- Must provide application in AWCC format
AWCC is committed to sourcing and training candidates to succeed in their roles. All training and mentoring through the onboarding process will be provided by experienced Oil and Gas industry personnel at no cost to the successful Applicants.
Applicants MUST provide the requested information and be available to participate in on-boarding activities to be selected for placement.
Applicants should note that the work is primarily outdoors with exposure to weather and the job sites are in regional areas of QLD. Depending on the location, social media communications may not always be available. While at work, you work 12 hour shifts with 12 hours off for meals, recreation and rest and you will remain on site at work for 2 weeks followed by 2 weeks leave. All transport to the field will be provided from the nominated crew change point and the successful applicants will be provided with the appropriate PPE, accommodation and meals when onsite.
This could be the start of a long career in the Oil and Gas industry and a chance to earn good pay as you meet some great people and build yourself a career in the industry.
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION TO:
An application pack (with the required templates) is available by emailing AWCClabour@wellcontrolcentre.com.au or please feel free to contact an AWCC representative on (07) 4638 0532 for more information.
Previous applicants are welcome to apply if you can meet the position requirements and provide the relevant documents.
Previous Roles – Dated 5 April 2018
Experienced RIG WELDER
Supporting Drilling Operations in QLD and South Australia
Must have appropriate trade qualification along with structural and pressure welding tickets.
Experienced Floorhand and Derrickhand
All candidates are required to complete or renew minimum industry competencies and client inductions. We currently have ongoing roles available for people with the right attitude, attention to safety and able to maintain a professional approach to their work. Positions are on land based rigs.
Contact “email@example.com” with your resume and contact details, or Fill out the form below.
Oil Rig Professionals – Wanted (Only)
The Australian Well Control Centre (AWCC) have the IMMEDIATE need for at least 50 – Oil Field Professionals, (Rig experience an advantage but not mandatory) to support a major onshore Oil & Gas project in SW QLD. The initial point of recruitment will be from the AWCC offices in Toowoomba, QLD.
Applicants MUST be in a position to mobilise ASAP and be aware that there are a number of processes to complete, which requires your full co-operation to co-ordinate and includes items such as paperwork, medicals and logistics, and Training. Once all pre-employment processes are complete, the final approval will come from our client themselves.
Applicants should be aware there will be extensive verification of competencies conducted prior to any on-site induction. Should an applicant not satisfy the client standards, they will face immediate de-mobilisation; therefore, it is important that Applicants satisfy ALL key selection criteria as specified. The work is long-term and ongoing with a 2×2 roster.
All transport to the field will be from the initial point of hire and the successful applicants will be provided with the appropriate PPE, accommodation and meals when onsite. Applicants should note that the weather can be hot and humid, with social media communications being limited from time to time; so applicants need to be fit and willing to work under these conditions. In addition an extensive medical assessment will be conducted to ensure the adequate fitness of each potential candidate.
To be considered for employment Applicants must satisfy the following key selection criteria:
- Must be Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents
- Must have previous Oil and Gas Experience (rig experience an advantage)
- All training will be provided FREE to the successful Applicants
- Applicants must be able to Pass a Drug and Alcohol Screen and Extensive Medical
- Applicants must be Able to Pass a “Federal Police Clearance” – one that is current within a six month period will be a huge advantage
Submit your application to:
If you satisfy the requirements, please submit your resume and covering letter ASAP to firstname.lastname@example.org or please feel free to contact an AWCC representative on 0409 011 712 for more information and a confidential discussion.
Only fill out the form below, if you are seeking additional information regarding AWCC advertisement for Oil Rig Professionals.